Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mr. & Mrs. Kyle Bliss

*I wrote this last week and then promptly forgot about it... Don't worry, I'll catch you all up soon! 


Holy cow. We're married!!! 

That's pretty much been my thought process for the past 3 days or so. Honestly, it still still seems like we're playing house; like when we get back home, we'll go back to our separate houses and continue dating forever... Thank goodness that's not going to happen! 

Those of you who were involved in the wedding week process (HUGE shout-out to a bunch of friends and family that brought us food and helped set up and take down; you're are the best!) knew how worried we were about the weather. The previous weekend had been rainy and it had continued to storm off and on throughout the week. Our multiple weather apps were being checked every 5 minutes. When Katie's app finally said 0% for the whole day, we flipped out and I took a screenshot. 

As it turns out, everything was PERFECT. The weather was perfect, the bridesmaids were perfect, the groomsmen were perfect, my hair was perfect (thank you, Kaci!), and the pictures are super perfect! 










It's definitely a little sad to not be a Davis anymore, but I'm blessed to add a whole other family to my life. I prayed for my future in-laws (mostly that we'd get along), but I never imagined getting so lucky! I've had so many people tell me how awesome it was to be getting to join their family; let me tell you, I know it! 

* * * * * 

People have asked us how it's going so far, and it's always the same answer - great! We've only been home 3 days, but it already feels like this is where I'm meant to be. Of course, things are new and different. Neither of us is accustomed to living on our own; I have semi-strict (ok, fairly strict) housekeeping rules that Kyle hasn't quite picked up on yet... but I'm trying to be relaxed about that and have fun! 

Right now, one of my favorite things about being married is getting to cook whatever I want! Yes, I have already made WAY too much food; it's hard to go from cooking for 12 to cooking for 2. We will be eating leftovers for quite a while. 

So here's a challenge for my readers, send me - via comment, Facebook, email, etc. - your favorite recipe! I have so much fun trying new things and it makes it even more fun when I know that someone else has tried and loved it. 

Alright, guys. That's it for now. Check back soon 'cause I'm excited to share honeymoon pictures! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the line - This is where I'm meant to be - because if you were second guessing yourself, I would feel so badly especially since I had you move the date up.
    I am proud of you and love you so much!

    ReplyDelete