Sunday, March 9, 2014

How We Met

Turns out, Kyle and I have a long, intertwined history. Through the years, we danced around on the edges of each other's lives, without quite making it all the way in.

Example 1: We sang in the same Christmas children's choir! I found old home videos of him showing my mom a craft he made (VERY excitedly) when he was about 8.

Example 2: His sister was one of our horse-riding instructors way back when we took lessons. He told me once that he remembers being there one day when it rained and we all played in the puddles together.

Example 3: I was in a home-school play with his sister. Their good friends have a home video of me talking with Kyle's mom backstage.

Example 4: We went to youth group at a local church for YEARS together. He remembers me... but I only occasionally remember him. Kyle insists he used to try to talk to me, but I'd just blow him off. In my defense, I'm not good at recognizing when someone is interested. Also, I was a little bit stand-offish.

It was only about a year and a half ago when we finally connected for good. One of his good friends wanted him to talk to me about something, so he messaged me on Facebook and we met up at McDonalds. Romantic, right?

Somewhere in that time period he had surgery on a hernia - which meant he was taking strong pain medication, so when we began to text/talk regularly I thought he was nuts! Pain medication does crazy things to that boy. After a while, I decided that this hyper guy was actually really sweet. He asked me to prom and from then on we were pretty much inseparable.

I didn't want to date in high-school, so we stayed just friends until I graduated in May. This may sound shocking, but we already knew we'd end up married before we officially began dating.

When you know, you know!

Growing up, I never could have imagined that this loud, goofy kid would become the man I'd spend the rest of my life with. It's amazing how God works!


No comments:

Post a Comment